Completing your degree is a significant accomplishment, so it’s important that you understand the process beyond taking the required courses.
Petition for Graduation
All students must submit a Petition for Graduation and pay a $50 fee as part of the requirement to complete their degree and receive their diploma. To complete the form you must first log in to my.indianatech.edu.
After your Petition for Graduation is received by the Office of the Registrar, you will have an opportunity to review your degree audit, which will show what classes you must complete to attain your degree.
Students who have petitioned will receive three emails:
- The first email will confirm receipt of the student’s petition
- The second email will confirm the student’s commencement designation; if the student chooses to participate in the Commencement ceremony
- The third email will include the students’ degree audit to review for accuracy
If there are issues or discrepancies on the audit, please contact the Office of the Registrar immediately. Traditional Day students’ Advisors will be copied on this email. If substitutions are required, the Advisor will contact the Office of the Registrar.
The graduation process is complete once you have achieved academic and financial clearance to graduate.
Once both academically and financially cleared, your diploma will be shipped via UPS within approximately four weeks.
Academic Clearance for Graduate Students
- Submit official transcripts from all previous institutions, if applicable.
- Complete all coursework required for degree with no more than 9 transfer credits.
- Complete all course work required for degree, with an overall minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0, with no more than 9 credits of a grade C or lower.
- Complete all required coursework within seven years of completing first graduate class.
- Adhere to all graduation requirements as noted in the Academic Catalog.
Academic Clearance for Undergraduate Students
- Submit official transcripts from all previous institutions, if applicable
- Complete all coursework required for the degree with no more than 90 transfer credits for a Bachelor’s degree and 45 transfer credits for an Associate degree:
- A Bachelor’s degree requires a minimum of 30 credits earned at Indiana Tech. And, at least 21 of the final 30 credits of the Bachelor’s degree must be among the last credits completed by the student before graduation.
- An Associate degree requires a minimum of 15 credits earned at Indiana Tech.
- Complete all coursework required for degree with an overall minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
Adhere to all graduation requirements as noted in the Academic Catalog.
The academic clearance process begins after you successfully complete the final course required for your degree. Your degree will be officially conferred after you have been academically cleared by the Office of the Registrar.
Financial clearance will be requested from the Business Office. If the student is not financially cleared for graduation, the Business Office will send a statement to the student indicating what is required. Once financial clearance is completed the Business Office will notify the Office of the Registrar and your diploma will be shipped via UPS within approximately four weeks.
Verification of Degree Completion
If you need proof of graduation prior to receiving your diploma, you may submit a Verification Request.
Information about Replacement Diplomas can be found on the Replacement Diplomas page.